What you need: cutting board, chef’s knife, bread knife, spatula, baking sheet/pan
- 1/2 large ripe tomato (thinly sliced)
- 1 small pack fresh mozzarella (you will need approximately 6 slices)
- 6 – 8 large basil leaves
- 1 container Buitoni pesto with basil (you will need about 2 tbs)
- 1/2 – 3/4 loaf of crusty Italian bread or ciabatta
- 1 six oz bag of Italian salad greens
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375˚. Slice the bread on an angle creating six 1” thick slices. Generously spread the pesto on each piece. Top with the thinly sliced tomato. Season the tomato with salt – just a pinch for each stack.
Place the mozzarella slices on top of the tomato. Chiffonade the basil and place a little on top of each. Place the stacks on a baking sheet/pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until the mozzarella starts to melt.
To Serve: Toss the salad greens with Kitchen Moxie Vinaigrette and divide evenly on six salad plates. Place the warm pesto mozzarella stack on top. Crunchy on the bottom, gooey on the top with that added surprise of pesto.