What you need: measuring spoons/cups, mixing bowl, chef’s knife, cutting board, small cocktail/shot glasses, seafood forks
Serves: 6 – 8 as an hors d’oeuvre
- 1/2 lb peeled, deveined cooked shrimp
- 3 medium sized ripe tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced (if you can’t find fresh check the international isle for canned)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients except the shrimp, salt and pepper. Let flavors combine in fridge for a half hour. Chop shrimp into bite size pieces and combine with salsa. Add seasoning to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tip: You can very easily substitute jarred salsa. You can spice it up a little or add some fresh ingredients like chopped red onion and cilantro.
To Serve: Divide evenly among small shot glasses and serve with a small cocktail fork, one for each guest (if you don’t have shot glasses, anything small enough for a single serving will do).